I will not be updating this blog regularly as I have two new fitness ventures happening:
- NX Fitness – I am now the Director of Marketing for NX, a home workout and nutrition program. Personal trainers are not for everyone, whether because of budget or time constraints, and when you don’t have time to get to the gym, a home workout program is perfect! NX combines both Nutrition and Exercise, making it comprehensive and fun. You get daily check-ins, badges and new workouts and challenges to keep it interesting! So check it out – www.nxfit.com
- Do Epic Runs – This will be the place to keep up with my fitness ventures, along with my two best friends! We’re going to be documenting our training as we train for our first marathon, as well as give advice, nutrition tips, cross-training (because running is not for everyone) and pictures and video of fun races and activities.
That being said, Two Tone Fitness is not dead! I am still training and working with clients regularly and you can still contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I just don’t have the time to update this website, aside from the meat and potatoes (pricing, contact info, scheduling, etc.).
‘Tis the season for holiday parties, appetizers, drinks, sweets and a Christmas Fun Run every weekend!
Saturday, December 8 – The 35th Annual Santa Monica – Venice Christmas Run
Saturday, December 15 – Renegade Santa Run
Saturday, December 15 – Manhattan Beach Yuletide 5k
Sunday, December 23 – Winter Solstice Christmas Tree Run
The holidays aren’t over, but I bet you all indulged more than normal these last couple of days in celebration of Halloween. Candy, cookies, alcohol, office parties, house parties, costume parties, there’s temptation everywhere. But you know what? It’s okay. Eat that mini Snickers and enjoy the hell out of it.
As long as you don’t make indulging in rich foods and drinks habitual, give yourself a break when you overdo it.
POST-HALLOWEEN RECOVERY AND DETOX TIPS:
- Drink nothing but water, green tea and dandelion tea (the dandelion will help your liver) for the next 7 days
- Get plenty of sleep
- Go back to clean eating and don’t allow yourself to continue binging through Thanksgiving. It’s only 21 days away…however it takes 21 days to make or break a habit so eat smart!
- Get back to your workout routine ASAP. Same 21 day principle as above.
- Take a few moments to analyze how your body feels with all that sugar and alcohol and little to no exercise. Remember this feeling the next time you’re surrounded by temptation and do your best to make smarter choices.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you got a little off-track. It happens to the best of us.
So there you have it! Follow these tips and I guarantee you’ll feel better in no time.
The Official Two Tone Fitness website!